How deep is your love?
I’m sitting here waiting for my sunshine to come out of surgery today. I love this man so much and can’t wait for him to come out. I want to write this post to him. No, for him. We have been together for seventeen years and here are my 17 reasons to why I love him.
- The first thing I noticed about this man almost 20 years ago now, was his hair. I remember sitting at the university lectures just checking out your perfect hairstyle. You are one sexy man. Goodness anyone who spends that much effort looking after himself in the morning, must be perfect in a lot of other things.
- I love your eyes, I can get lost in there. It’s not so much the color or the shape, it’s more the intensity and how I feel you see me.
- I love your face, I love every lash every wrinkle, everything about you. I can look at you for hours at a time and see different things every time I see you.
- I love how you’re funny. You come up with the funniest things and the weirdest things. We have our stupid jokes and our annoying ones.
- I love your strength. Not just physical strength but inner strength. You are my rock my darling.
- I love your hands, and how you hug me. I always feel safe with you. I love walking hand-in-hand with you and our children everywhere we go.
- I love how you love our children. You are an amazing lesson for them each day. You teach them what family means every second of the day. Oh daddy and they adore you for it.
- I love how you respect me. We do so much together but you also let me be me.
- I love the cup of coffee you make me every morning before I go to work. I especially love the love messages you leave for me. They bring a smile to my face day after day.
- I love how you care and respect your mum and dad. You will do anything for them and they now it. I love how you also love and appreciate my mum and dad, for they brought me in this world so we can be together.
- I love your cooking, especially your Spaghetti Bolognaise. It’s bloody delicious. You are my MasterChef.
- I love dreaming about things we want to do together. In our house, our garden, our weekend etc. Even if some of these dreams are crazy!
- I love how we sometimes call each other at times at exactly the same time. How we send simple love messages to each other in the day, just to say you are in my thoughts.
- I love how you painted the laundry for me as a surprise, when I went away on a girls weekend. The skirting boards around our house. The wallpaper you printed and designed for our little princess. Your hands are magical.
- I love how you value friendships. You are so easy to talk to. We are blessed to have many wonderful friends but this is all due to the time you want to invest in growing and keeping them.
- I love how you provide for our family. You are always looking, learning or working towards a better life for us.
- I love knowing I am growing older with you and all the exciting things we can and will do together then.
Baby thank you for the last 17 years. You are my sunshine.
These are my reasons. When was the last time you shared with your loved one why you love them? It’s easy to assume that they know, but voicing it is important to you and each other.